For 7 – 10 days following surgery:
- Do NOT blow your nose.
- Do NOT smoke.
- Do NOT drink through a straw, and please avoid sucking (for example, a popsicle).
- If you must sneeze do so with your mouth open.
- Avoid disturbing the area that has been surgically treated. Do not feel this area with your tongue or brush the adjacent teeth or chew food over this area.
- If required, you may use a nasal decongestant or a nasal spray or nose drops as directed on the package.
- Use your antibiotics (as prescribed).
- If you wish, you may sleep on two pillows to promote drainage of the sinus.
- It is important that you keep your post-operative appointment as requested by your doctor.
If you have other concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office.